Featured Post

My latest crack at a "Retirement Portfolio"

Monday, April 1, 2024

Putting my imaginary money where my mouth is.

I honestly believe Telus (T) is an amazing buy today. If I didn't have so much invested in Telus already, I would be buying. Unfortunately, I put all my available cash into Telus when it was some dollars more expensive. I have lost thousands in real, hard cash.

If I could, I would put at least ten thousand into Telus today but I can't. Since I cannot put real money into Telus, I have opened a Portfolio Manager account with $10,000 in imaginary money.

That ten thousand has an unrealized gain of $84.01 already.

Each Monday, I am going to check my Telus "purchase" and post the results. 

I am not alone in my faith in Telus but I did catch a chap on BNN this morning who was very dubious of a Telus recovery and warned viewers to hold onto their cash. Don't be tempted by the Telus dividend was his position.

By the way, I may be out thousands but as long as Telus doesn't reduce its dividend, I will be reaping a nice reward for my ownership. There is a bright light at the end of this dark tunnel. By this time next year, I might be nicely out of the red and well into the black. Why today alone, I pocketed almost $2,150 in dividends. That is almost $8600 annually,

Portfolio Manager - April 1, 2024 - gain of $84.01 on Telus purchase made this morning,

 

It is Friday, April 5th and the market has closed. My imaginary Telus stock is up yet again. Still, this could be a nail-biter in the short term

No comments:

Post a Comment