Featured Post

My latest crack at a "Retirement Portfolio"

Friday, September 22, 2023

Retirement Portfolio Dips Into Red

How easy is it to generate a steady income from a fully-investment retirement portfolio? Well, if you follow this blog, soon we will both know as I have posted my own take at creating such a portfolio.

It has been a bumpy ride. I was up more than $50,000 at one point but I have an updated balance this week which is slightly in the red. Ouch! But, it is not as bad as it looks. I believe I will be able to withdraw a full $3,333.33 at the beginning of this and every month, emulating the withdrawals that must be made in retirement.

So, how much am I down? Approximately $10,000 or one percent. This is hardly worth concern. Come back in a week to get updated. The portfolio might be in the black by then. One can only hope. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment