Featured Post

My latest crack at a "Retirement Portfolio"

Saturday, September 30, 2023

Retirement Income Portfolio at end of September

Three months ago, at the end of June, I posted a quickly assembled million dollar retirement portfolio with the goal of realizing an income of $40,000 annually at the outset. 

It was quite a success in its first few weeks but lately it has been losing money at a very fast rate. It is ending the month of Sept. down $32,244.54.

Am I panicked? No. The market is volatile. There are no surprises here. Heck, in a correcting market one would expect to see a loss of $100,000 or more. And if a bear market were to appear, a loss of double that would be reasonable: $200,000.

As I have no reason to sell, the losses are all on paper. On the other hand, the dividend income is real and on October first I will be withdrawing $3,333.33 just as a retired senior would. This will leave more than $2300 towards the November payment.

You might not agree but in my estimation this portfolio is a success. To see the complete portfolio, click this LINK.

No comments:

Post a Comment