Featured Post

My latest crack at a "Retirement Portfolio"

Saturday, May 4, 2024

Expert stock pickers can be wrong and often!

To avoid being sued, I blacked out the analyst's name but the important information is still here. This stock picker has a win-loss ratio of 8:32. Going by his recent picks, he was right only 20% of the time. This fellow should stick to coin-flipping.

His average return was in the red at -6.0%. This is really dismal.

Years ago I gave a few thousand dollars to London Life to invest for my retirement. London Life lost something in the neighbourhood of 75% of my savings. When I retired, because there was a maximum loss clause, London Life game me back 75% of my original investment.

Losers! And they took me down with them.

Invest in dividend-paying, blue-chip companies, spread your money around, in other words diversify, try to not time the market but keep some powder dry to buy when the bear is loose and you should easily best analysts like the one shown or the folks in charge of my London Life investment.


No comments:

Post a Comment