Featured Post

My latest crack at a "Retirement Portfolio"

Friday, July 21, 2023

What me worry?

According to Wikipedia Alfred E. Neuman, of Mad Magazine fame, first appeared in late 19th-century advertisements for painless dentistry – the origin of his "What, me worry?" motto. Today an investor could do worse than take Neuman's worry-free attitude to heart. 

When stock prices fall and investing looks bleak, that is often the time to buy. Telus was well down from its high of the past year and all the telecoms as a group were out of favour with investors; I saw an opportunity and bought.

Almost immediately bad news concerning Telus made big news. Telus took an immediate hit. Within a day or two, the Telus stock price had stabilized and was showing signs of recovery. It was time to buy more.

Today my Telus holdings are in the plus column and my dividend income is up in a four digit amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment