Featured Post

My latest crack at a "Retirement Portfolio"

Saturday, July 22, 2023

Retirement income portfolio update


On June 25, I created a million dollar retirement portfolio with the goal of providing both monthly income and capital growth. My attempt has done better than I could have ever hoped. It has gained $50,893.30 in less than a month. The bulk of the gain is unrealized but $5503.65 is dividend income. The portfolio records the dividend income the moment the x-date has been reached. In reality, the actual cash payment would follow.

I based my imaginary retirement portfolio on the lessons that I have learned since retiring some 14 years ago. As I don't get a lot of hits, I will leave you to click the link and check out my posted portfolio. If I get a few comments and questions, I will return and complete this post. I will, of course, answer your questions, if any. Until then, have a good day and wishing you good luck with your investing. 

This add was made on December 24th. My imaginary retirement portfolio fell on tough times shortly after it hit $50 thousand plus in gains. It fell tens of thousands in the red. Today, in December, it is up a bit more than $30,000 while it has pumped out $3,333.33 per month in dividend cash to cover living expenses.

Look for an early January post bringing my readers completely up-to-date on how this portfolio is performing. The link below will take you to the original post creating the retirement portfolio.

My latest crack at a retirement portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment