Featured Post

My latest crack at a "Retirement Portfolio"

Thursday, June 29, 2023

TC Energy (TRP) In my book, today this is a buy.

TC Energy (TRP) is flirting with its low for the past year. Also, it is off its high for the past year by about 25%. This puts the stock well into bear territory. I believe TC Energy is a solid company paying a dividend that a retiree can trust -- a dividend yielding more than 7% today.

Can TRP go deeper into bear territory? Sure. But, I don't see it losing any amount that I would find frightening. It has absorbed some big losses already. I cannot see more of the same happening in the near future.

Moments ago, I put my money where my mouth is; I added to my TRP position. I look forward to my first dividend in a little more than three months. My retirement income has taken a $744 pop with this purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment