Featured Post

My latest crack at a "Retirement Portfolio"

Thursday, September 3, 2020

Luck has a big role in investing

I feel that I am still a newbie when it comes to investing. Oh, I hit a lot right but I feel I benefit more from luck more than smarts.

I got out of the market in March as although I agree that one cannot time the market, I believe one can time a fast approaching virus.

COVID-19 was a clear threat and I took cover. It was, for me, a no brainer. This decision was based on what I believed to have been common sense. And in retrospect, I appear to have been right. My portfolios are doing wonderfully.

Do I have any advice? Oh, I'd say, if you are a Canadian investor, check out the Morningstar Canadian Income Portfolio that is updated monthy on TD WebBroker. It has been the one source of advice that I have found to be of generally excellent quality. A lot of my portfolio falls in line with the Morningstar suggestions and most of my most successful stock buys can be found in the Morningstar portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment