Featured Post

My latest crack at a "Retirement Portfolio"

Friday, December 21, 2018

What's black and what's red

What is black, in positive territory, and what is red, losing ground, in my portfolio? That's easy. Anything I bought back when I retired has climbed massively and is still up nicely from when I bought in. A market downturn of 50% would not drive these holdings into negative territory.

My recent buys are mostly a different story. Almost uniformly down. In the red. Emera and Fortis are about the only recent buys that are showing a profit. IPL, PPL, SJR.B . . .  and the list goes on, are all down. Some are now down in the four figures. Ouch!

Oh well - sigh - tomorrow is another day and, shortly, another year. And it may get a lot worse before it gets better. I'll sell a little on the pops -- if there are any pops in the near future.

Cheers,
Rockinon!

No comments:

Post a Comment