Featured Post

My latest crack at a "Retirement Portfolio"

Monday, November 19, 2018

EMA: Yup. Buy EMA on the dips.

EMA (Emera), a utility, is one of the few really bright lights in my portfolio at the moment. I'm up more than two thousand in just a very few months. My portfolio desperately needs that boost.

This morning I read that Emera his a price target of $48 at BMO Capital. The utility has been doing well and is rated by many analysts as an Outperform. I took another look at its numbers. All is not perfect, then again, that rarely happens. But a lot of the usual signs of financial health are there. For instance, the ROE (Return on Equity) is 9.06%. This is well above the industry average of 3.8%.

ROA (Return on Assets) is also good. The ROA of Emera at 2.07% is greater than that of many of its peers. The industry average is 1.28%.

If you go down the list of posted numbers, you will find some to give one pause but stop, take an in-depth look, and all seems reasonable. I won't be buying more, I have filled my quoted for this stock, but, if I  did not have any holdings, I'd be watching the dips for a buying opportunity. Heck, with a big enough dip, even I might pick up another 100 shares to make a quick profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment