Featured Post

My latest crack at a "Retirement Portfolio"

Friday, January 26, 2024

Buying B2 Gold Corp adds excitement to life

I cannot afford to gamble but I enjoy it. At least, I enjoy gambling when there is some chance of winning. The better the chance, the more the fun. For that reason, I rarely buy lottery tickets. The odds are terrible.

The other day the market price for Canadian gold producer B2 Gold Corp dropped below its Exponencial Moving Average, its Bollinger Bands and its Moving Average Envelope. The stock has dropped from a high of $5.87 to a price of $3.56. That's a fall of almost 40%. This puts B2 Gold deep in bear market territory. With a solid dividend of 5.9% today, I saw a potential buy.

How do others see B2 Gold? It is on the TD Action Buy List this month. The analysts followed by TD Webbroker rate it a Strong Buy and I like the fact that in early 2025 B2 Gold is bringing a new mine online in Canada's far north, in Nunuvut. I see a mine in Canada as located in more politically stable region than a mine in Mali where B2 has a large mine today.

The TD analysts have set an average target price for B2 Gold at $6.30. That is a gain of more than 75% over its market price today.

I see a buy. I like to invest up to 1% of my portfolio in "flings". B2 Gold looks like a "fling". I picked up some shares at $3.64 and I hope to make almost 6% on my investment, that's the dividend, while I wait for the price to pop. One gets a lot of stock when the entry price is so very low. If it jumps even $2, it is windfall.

If the Mali story doesn't deteriorate, I may have a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment