Featured Post

My latest crack at a "Retirement Portfolio"

Thursday, December 7, 2023

Telus has been a winner for me

I like Telus. It has been good to me. I held Telus when it split and took that as an opportunity to sell half my Telus holdings.

Recently, Telus has peaked my interest as it, and the rest of the Canadian telecoms, have been emerging from a long downward spiral. 

For instance, Telus dipped to a low of $21.60 in the past year. Sadly, I didn't add to my Telus holdings at the time.

Recently, I noticed it had recovered to $23.90. I took the bait and added almost two thousand shares to my Telus holdings. It has continued to climb since my purchase and today it is at $25.795. I am up $3600.50 on that buy.


Tomorrow is the ex-date for Telus and Monday is the date of record. Will I be reducing my Telus holdings? Yes but not immediately. Morningstar is rating Telus a 5-Star stock and that means it has more room to run. I will hold until Telus has lost at least one star and possibly two.

But, at some point, I will be reducing my holdings. I do not feel comfortable holding more than four or five percent of my retirement portfolio in any one telecom. Four percent is the goal. One must have goals.


No comments:

Post a Comment