Featured Post

My latest crack at a "Retirement Portfolio"

Sunday, August 6, 2023

My latest retirement portfolio: an update

In late June I posted a retirement portfolio designed around dividend-paying investments. Now, it is early August. If the portfolio had been real, one might expect that a withdrawal would have been made after its first full month of accumulating dividends. 

I have withdrawn $3,333.33 in cash. Along with the cash, I have withdrawn enough money to buy 100 shares of TC Energy (TRP). The energy stock dipped to $45.84 and this was just too good a bargain to let pass. This increased my dividend income by about $382 annually.

The portfolio balance at market close August 4 was $1,019,836.34. This is down from its high but it is still a very nice number.

No comments:

Post a Comment