Featured Post

My latest crack at a "Retirement Portfolio"

Monday, July 19, 2021

The market is falling; now may not be the time to sell

The market tumbled a lot today. It was a big drop and a lot of folks believe they lost a lot of money. I'm hearing talk of selling, getting out, saving what's left of the savings before it too disappears. This is rarely the right approach. 

Repeat after me: I have NOT lost money in the market until I sell. Paper losses are not real losses. They are unrealized losses. I have written about all this in the past. None of this is new. Please go back and read some of my old posts before you dump your stock in a panic.


I am not a financial consultant. I am a retired photojournalist. I have opinions formed from a lifetime of on and off investing. Read my blog posts but keep your brain in gear. I am interested in the thoughts of other retirees and to start the conversation I am posting my side of what should be a multi-sided discussion.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment