Featured Post

My latest crack at a "Retirement Portfolio"

Monday, December 28, 2020

Vanguard Retirement Nest Egg Calculator

Vanguard Retirement Nest Egg Calculator

The longer you can run your retirement portfolio successfully, the longer your money will last according to the Monte Carlo calculators I have consulted. This one, posted by Vanguard, indicates I am actually much better off today in my 70s than I was more than a decade ago in my early 60s. 

My portfolio is almost twice its size today as compared to its size at my retirement. And although I have more funds, these funds do not have to last anywhere near as long. As time passes, it looks more and more like my wife and I will make it through our retirement years without running out of money.

Take a look at the calculator and see what it tells you.

No comments:

Post a Comment