Fund Facts posted by TD contains a lot of the answers to your questions. Follow the link. Or follow this link: TD Helps.
To summarize what you will find:
- This is a no load fund. There is no charge to buy or sell. But, read on. Note the following:
- If you cash the fund within 30 days of purchase, you may pay up a 2% early redemption fee. Similarly, there may be a 2% fund switch fee if you switch out of TDB622 too quickly.
- The MER (Management Expense Ratio) is 1.48%.
- There is also a TER (Trading Expense Ratio) of .01%.
- There is an ongoing trailing commission but this is folded into the MER. It is essentially invisible to the investor.
As a retired fellow, I find this fund very attractive. YTD it has returned about 10.7%. The distribution yield is 1.87%. It is a nicely balanced fund with some 53% invested in Canadian common equities and 37% invested in bonds, mostly Canadian bonds in a mix of government and private issues. The fund has something in the order of 371 investments. Another big plus is the low annual portfolio turnover of only 10.72%. Buy this one fund and buy a great mix of investments at a low cost.
I have found that this fund often outperforms many highly praised index-based ETF portfolios.