Friday, September 2, 2016

Dream Office REIT

Dream Office REIT (D.UN) has had the stuffing kicked out of it. The collapse in the price of oil and the subsequent disintegration of the Calgary real estate market took a big toll on D.UN. And I have taken a big hit as well.

So, what to do. I am going to do what I have done so often in the past. I'm going to hang in there. But, I may make one change in my approach. I may try some day trading of D.UN as I have done with Norbord (OSB).

Because I like D.UN, if something goes wrong and I find myself stuck with some shares, I'll just hold. No problem. I'll sell them in the future when the time is right. In the meantime, I will enjoy the dividend.

I'm not sure that the present dividend can be trusted. The recent drop in the value of the REIT units may put the present dividend under pressure. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment