Wednesday, July 13, 2016

These funds and ETFs have captured my interest

I am on the trail of the Holy Grail. This is a somewhat well worn path blazed by experts in investing like the fellow behind the Canadian Couch Potato blog and others of his ilk. I am following, but not in the footsteps, of some very knowledgeable investors. I am veering off the path at my peril.

That said, my portfolio is not doing badly but it does not follow the index approach as closely as it should. I have gotten burned once but that was a third degree financial burn. I was caught with minimal exposure to the American market when it soared to new heights. If I'd been following the advise of the experts, this would not have happened.

That said, I have this nagging feeling in my gut that a portfolio of index funds and index ETFs is not for me. To that end, I have been following imaginary portfolios, often created to mimic those advised by others. And these portfolios have not, for the most part, impressed me when it comes to results. They all come with impressive back stories but  . . .

Today I am taking care of grandchildren and so all I am going to do is post a graph of the investments that have caught my interest: TDB622, TDB902, CBD, XRE and XUT. More on this at a future date.

Click on the image to see a large, easy to read, graph.

No comments:

Post a Comment