Monday, November 30, 2015

Retirement income growing

My H&R REIT (HR.UN) has finally climbed nicely into the black and I have received the first monthly payment: $90. Very nice.

The good side is H&R has a portfolio of 40 office properties, 161 retail properties, 105 industrial properties, 5 residential properties and 2 development projects. The value? Approximately $13 billion. H&R REIT also has a 33.6% interest in ECHO Realty LP which owns 201 properties plus properties under development and vacant land.

The bad news is that some of the property is in Alberta. Enough said.

I'm into H&R REIT for the long haul. I may realize an annual income large enough to almost cover a full month of my income shortfall in retirement.

If H&R drops appreciably, I do not plan to sell. I'll buy more. I've got faith in this purchase. That said, I see this stock climbing once the oil patch problems stabilize with oil selling above $60 consistently. I may have some waiting to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment